Our 25m pool offers a superb swimming facility for training, learning and playing.
The pool water is maintained at between 29°c and 30°c offering a balanced environment for fitness swimming, lessons and children's sessions. The ultra violet light cleaning system keeps chlorine to a minimum.
We offer 'Family Splash' sessions with floats and toys, and quieter 'Adult Only' times for a more leisurely swim. 'Aqua' classes are also a great way to stay in shape in the pool. See the timetables for more information on classes and sessions.
Disabled Members are catered for with dedicated changing facilities close to poolside and a hoist is available to aid access to and from the water.
TSC is a certified pool with the Amateur Swimming Association (ASA) and we offer The National Pool Lifeguard Qualification course several times a year and swimming teachers training. Please contact us or enquire at Reception.
Qualified, experienced instructors run lessons for all abilities and ages. Lessons follow the ASA plan, with badges and certificates awarded as children progress.
Private 1:1 and 1:2 lessons offer an alternative to group lessons, these are tailored to meet your needs.
During holidays we offer intensive swimming courses as well as children’s rookie lifeguard courses to learn early rescue and life support skills.
More details about our swimming lessons and other sports courses are available here.
Child Admission Swimming Policy
In accordance with the Chartered Institute for the management of Sport and Physical Activity (CIMPSA) guidelines and our own risk assessment we enforce the following policy:
- All children under 8 years must be supervised by a responsible adult in the water (16yrs +) at all times.
- Children under the age of 8 years must be accompanied into the pool at all times by a responsible adult, on an adult to child ratio of no more than 1:2.
- Children under the age of 4 years must be accompanied into the pool by a responsible adult on a ratio of 1:1. However the ratio remains 1:2 when children under 4 wear a suitable buoyancy aid.
- Buoyancy aids accepted under this policy are those that fully support the child's weight in the water and remain secure in and out of the water eg. Armbands or float suits. Buoyancy aids that are hand-held are not acceptable.
- No adult can accompany more than 2 children under these requirements.
- Weak and non-swimmers aged 4+ are advised to wear buoyancy aids.